The Best Cellular Trail Cameras for Fall Season Scouting
August is here which means the most eager of us may already have fall season scouting well underway. If you are still preparing to hit the trails, woods, and fields we’ve rounded up some of the best ranked cellular trail cameras for your fall scouting needs.
Rated best overall by Outdoor Life and Field and Stream, the Reconyx HyperFire 2 cellular camera earned its number one spot on our cell cam rundown. With the fastest trigger speed of all the cellular cameras we break down today, the HyperFire 2 catches everything at 150ft in just 0.2 seconds. Priced more in the ‘high-end’ range of cell cameras, you definitely get what you pay for with the impressive features that come standard with the HyperFire 2.
HyperFire 2 Features:
- 0.2 Second trigger speed
- 150ft NoGlow infrared flash range.
- 720P HD Video with audio
- 5-year warranty
- 1080P wide screen or 3MP standard image resolution
- Battery Life of 40,000 images or 2 years
- Operating temperature range of -20-degrees to 120-degrees Fahrenheit.
- MSRP: $399.99
Ranked best budget cell cam by Outdoor Life, best value cellular camera by Forbes, and part of the ‘Rest of the Best’ rundown on Field and Stream, the SpyPoint Flex G-36 comes in comfortably at number two on our list. The Flex G-36 works on all major cellular networks, including US cellular, and automatically connects to the network with the best coverage in the area.
One five-start customer review shared, “I have to say, you aren’t going to miss much with this camera. Even on the lowest sensor setting it’s still picking off squirrels at 20 yards.” They also shared that they could tell there was a notable improvement in picture, video, sound, antenna mount, and battery consumption with the Flex G-36 compared to previous models.
SpyPoint Flex G-36 Features:
- Dual Sim preactivated included
- 36MP definition
- 0.3s Trigger speed
- 100’ Detection Range
- 4 Power LEDs
- Color photos by day, infrared by night
- 1080p Video definition
- 15 second video length with sound
- 7-day schedule set up.
- Powered by LIT-22 batter pack (not included) or 8 alkaline AA batteries (not included)
- MSRP: $119.99
Rated best overall by Outdoor Life, the Tactacam Reveal X-Pro is number three on our list. The Reveal X-Pro operates on AT&T or Verizon Nationwide LTE/4G Networks, with a free downloadable app and month-to-month data plans available. There are no contract/activations fees to start scouting with the Reveal X-Pro and this compact cellular trail camera has some top-of-the-line features to make it last season after season.
Tactacam Reveal X-Pro Features:
- Runs on 12 AA Batteries
- No Glow IR Technology effectively eliminates all visible flash
- Adjustable Night Illumination at 80+ ft
- Detects Animals at 96+ft
- Sub 1/2s Trigger Speed
- IP66 Waterproof Certified
- Built-in LCD screen and GPS
- HD Photos and video from app available.
- MSRP: $149.99